Thursday, December 4, 2008

Meme: Things I've Done.

Well, this has been going around the Blogosphere, so I figure'd I'd join in.

THINGS I'VE DONE:

1. Started your own blog. Gee... you think?
2. Slept under the stars. Yep. Quite a few times.
3. Played in a band. Elementary and Middleschool - gave it up to focus on vocals. (And because I hated one of the other people in my section)
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower. On top of a Butte with a super clear sky and no light polution no less. (I have no problem with light polution, but if you want a good view of the sky and to feel small, get away from it!
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Frequently, when I was younger. I try to be more moderate these days.
7. Been to Disneyland. and Epcot. That was a long time ago.
8. Climbed a mountain. Not in the classic sense, with pitons and all that - but I walked up Rendezvous Mountain in Jackson Hole one summer. Oy that was work.
9. Held a praying mantis. Highschool Biology.
10. Sang a solo. Repeatedly. Choir was my activity in all levels of school. I even 'Lettered' in it.
11. Bungee jumped. Considered it a few times.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. Never 'officially' (I've never been to the hospital for it) but I've had it. Last time was after visiting a Perkins in Clovis New Mexico. I really don't like that town.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. I've been to, and see the Statue - but the line was really really long the day I was there so we didn't go up. Wish we had.
18. Grown your own vegetables. Mom used to have this awesome garden. I assisted.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train. Nope. But I bought someone a ticket for a train once... now thats a story...
21. Had a pillow fight. How do you get out of childhood without one of these at least once?
22. Hitch hiked. Not in the sense of the word, but I have hitched a ride after my conveyance has broken down more then once.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Call it what you will, but somedays you just shouldn't be at work - and its best that you aren't.
24. Built a snow fort. Many, many times.
25. Held a lamb. Never really liked livestock, but lambs *are* soft and cuddly.
26. Gone skinny dipping. Only in a tub.
27. Run a Marathon. *snort* I'm fairly sure I can't run a Mile anymore. Damn office spread.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse. I watched the last one that happened in... Middle school? Granted, up here in the North it wasn't a total eclipse... technically. But I did see it.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run. Does infield count?
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. It was oftly pretty, and idiots in barrels deserve what they get.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community. There's one not too far out of town. Menonites too.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. There is no such thing. Money does not bring satisfaction. But it *can* assist in the quality of life.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing. Only free climbing, and only as a teen, when I was willing to do truely stupid things :) Was fun though.
40. Seen Michelangelo's David.
41. Sung karaoke. Again - vocal talent :)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. During a trip to Yellowstone that I *didn't* want to be on. I recall being underwhelmed, but in retrospect, it was pretty cool.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant. A mother and two young kids in front of me when paying at Denny's. She'd forgotten her wallet. I covered.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. I highlighted this, but it really only counts if Lakes count....
46. Been transported in an ambulance. I was born almost 2 months early. I got an abulance ride or two, a life flight, and a cozy incubator. Never mind I don't remember any of it ;)
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain. ...that was a while ago. I need to stop being single so cool things like that can happen again.
53. Played in the mud. I used to *make* my own mud so I could play in it. The Well at the Farm was a lot of fun when I was a kid and could get away without working.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. They're a touch overrated.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business. Gaming Unlimited Inc. First LAN Center in Bismarck (maybe North Dakota?). We lasted just over a year. Learned a lot about computers, business and friends. (note the last two do not mix.)
58. Taken a martial arts class. Never stuck with it though. One of these days I should get back into it. Not sure which discpline I'd prefer, but it'd be good I think.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. I hate needles with a passion that knows no bounds, so I have never donated more then needed for testing. I have however, been Transfused a couple times.
65. Gone sky diving. My father's a pilot. I grew up around flying, and have always thought that jumping out of a perfectly good airplane (and even a few not so perfectly good ones) was mad. Still would like to try it someday.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. I've never been out of the country, save for Canada, so no. But I've been to the Holocast Museum in Washington DC... I was physically sick for a few hours afterwards.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter. Considering all the fixed wings I've flown in - its funny that it took me until this year to finally get a helicopter flight. It was fun. Flying is fun in general. Kinda like shooting things. ;)
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. Legos were by far my favorite toys in childhood. I still have all of them (hell I still build legos ever now and then. In my office you will find no less then a P-51D, Star Wars AT-AT, Star Wars Slave One, and a few other things - all built with legos.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square. And watched a fire in progress on the Sony Jumbotron... and then realized that it was just down the street.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. Sorta. It was a temp job, and I was trying to make it perminant. One day they told me I was done on Friday. (that was Thursday).
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. A few times. I think the last one was for our OM team...
85. Read the entire Bible. Twice. I should do it again one day, my retention of it isn't so great.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Well, I've caught fish and filleted them (I don't eat them though, generally)
88. Had chickenpox. So glad thats a once in a lifetime thing.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury. Almost. I was up for jury duty a few years back. Never got summoned though.
91. Met someone famous. Jim Butcher
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone. Carried one since '00.
99. Been stung by a bee.
100. Read an entire book in one day. This would be standard operating proceedure, generally.

No comments: