Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins. A few thoughs...

I know if I have any regular readers, they've already probably heard my thoughts about this game published by EA (ew) and developed by Bioware (yay). But hey...

I'll stick them here for posterity.

This game rocks. If you enjoyed any Baulders Gate, or KOTOR, or Neverwinter Nights... go do yourself a favor and buy the game. Struggle through the crappy EA content system, and play.

It is an excellent piece of gameplay. I haven't finished the game yet, but I'm chugging through and enjoying every aspect. And its not short. This is a plus and a minus as I'm no longer a kid with endless amounts of time. But at the same time, I feel like my money was well spent.

The voice acting is for the most part, top notch. The choices frequently offer no 'good' option, just a "pick the least bad option" which is interesting to play out, and is certainly up to interpretation.

If you're up on World History, you'll probably notice that a lot of the Dragon Age world has some very interesting parallels to real history. In that they've taken a lot of the base ideas to certain pieces of history and twisted them into the game. In a lot of cases this might be a 'bad' thing. But at least I feel that its done well, and I really enjoy it.

So go enjoy! Thats an order :D

-Jon

No comments: