Wednesday, October 13, 2010

NaNoWriMo

Ok, its been a while. There are a lot of reasons for that, and its not like I haven't had plenty to talk about. A lot's happened recently. Most of it not so great. Most of it, my fault.

But I'm dealing.

And I'm still here and breathing.

So - lets talk about NaNo. I've known about NaNoWriMo - or National Novel Writing Month for a fairly long time. At least a decade. I've been writing on and off for roughly the same amount of time. I've wanted to do NaNo for at least the last five years, but I also wanted to write a novel tha wasn't fanfiction, or just my own spin on a universe I've read a bunch about.

I wanted something that was mine.

Tonight at work, I finally figured it out. So I've started working on my world history (its set in the relatively near future) And the plot arc.

I've got a lot of prep work to do, and not a lot of time to do it, before NaNo starts... but I'm gonna get it done.

Now, it'll be interesting to see if I finish. I doubt I'll finish the novel, but my goal is 50,000 words in the month.

We'll see.

Its a Goal. The Working Title is "Red"

No comments: